Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Can I Get An Amen?

Although this blog is mainly a place for me to journal about my sewing, I also want it to be a gathering place for anyone who loves to sew, especially with vintage patterns. A support group, if you will.

Being the only female in this household, I am sometimes in desperate need of girl talk. I want this to be a place where we are free to discuss not only sewing, but thrifting, beauty, our inspirations, thoughts on modern fashion, etc.

But I think we need to set a few ground rules first, just to make sure that everyone understands what is expected of them.

I hereby give you the ten commandments of the RETROvirus blog:

1. We shall be each other's enablers.

2. We shall whisper sweet nothings in the comments section.

3. We shall encourage each other as we search the thrift shops, antique malls and flea markets.

4. We shall not withhold support for each other's efforts.

5. We shall prop each other up when we are weary from the Battle of Ebay.

6. We shall cheer each other when we use a vintage pattern to create a one of a kind garment.

7. We shall defend each other when we purchase two (or five) more patterns to take its place.

8. We shall always be courteous, even when disagreeing with each other.

9. We shall not withhold tips and advice.

10. We shall share laughter, we shall share tears (and we shall be aware that this may happen simultaneously).

Can I get an amen?

No comments: