Friday, July 2, 2010

Chart Assembly

I assembled my Haslam Chart yesterday evening. It was fairly simple to do but took a bit of time. The chart pieces needed to be cut to size, attached together and mounted on something fairly sturdy.

I taped the pieces together on the back and used a glue stick to attach them to card stock. I then cut around the chart outline and mounted the back of the chart in the same way. Now that the chart is complete, I need to cover the entire chart with something to create a firm, glossy finish and increase the chart's rigidity and durability. The chart is too big for my laminator - I am considering covering it with packaging tape.

The Physician assisted me with getting my measurements because it is vital that they be accurate. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am listing *what* was measured as well as my measurements, including built in ease.

Neck - 12 inches plus 1.5 inches of ease = 13 inches
Shoulder - 16 inches minus 2.5 inches = 13 1/2 inches
Length (front)- 38 inches
Length (back) - 36.5 inches
High Bust - 34 inches
Full Bust - 36 inches
Waist - 31 inches
* Note - My "true" waist measurement is 27 inches but I am short waisted so I measured where I *actually* wear my waistband.
Hip - 36 inches
Underarm Length (from armpit to elbow) - 12 inches
Sleeve Armhole - 14.5 inches
Sleeve Length - 22 inches
Sleeve Elbow - 9 inches
Sleeve Wrist - 6 inches

Using these numbers, I now need to match my measurements with the black dots on the chart and puncture the corresponding dot. For example, my bust measurement is 36 inches so, using a hole punch, I will puncture the 36 inch dot marking.

Once I decide what to cover the chart with (any suggestions?) to make it durable, I am ready to sew! Also, my camera seems to not want to cooperate today but I hope to have pictures up on Monday.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!

No comments: